Wednesday 17 October 2012

The Lost Vikings

Lost Vikings, although not a dwarf game, attracted me for a number of reasons. Firstly although the main characters are all vikings, they show many common characteristics that are seen in dwarves, so are a good form of inspiration. The other main reason that it attracted me was due to its control system, allowing a single player to control all three characters. I also liked the mechanics of the game, in which each character has their own individual skill or ability, for example; shield, sword, jumping, running etc. This means that at points in the game the player has to use two characters together in an effort to solve a certain puzzle. I really like this idea, as it creates a more dynamic and complex game that really gets the player thinking. When designing my own game I would like to use something like this in order to create a sense of teamwork and camaraderie.


http://www.box10.com/the-lost-vikings.html

No comments:

Post a Comment