Tuesday 9 October 2012

Gloin and Oin


Gloin


Oin

Gloin and Oin, are two brothers, who are also both part of Thorin's Company. These two are my favorite of all the dwarves. I feel like the represent exactly what a dwarf should look like, from their highly detailed costumes and armor, all the way down to the complex plait of their beards. I also like the way that they have the short stoutly posture that is necessary in any dwarf.

After taking a look at all of the dwarves in The Hobbit, I am really interested in looking further at the history and lore of the dwarves. I also want to continue to look at other peoples depictions of dwarves and see how each differs. I think that dwarves would be a really good thing to focus on for my studio project as it will cover all the things I would like to work on. Coming up with concepts for dwarves would mean that I would have to show a good understanding of anatomy, whilst also working on making my work look realistic. Also working with a dwarven concept would mean I would get used to working on different materials such as cloth, metal and hair, which would all help to improve my skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment