Wednesday 24 October 2012

Game Design Workshop

Game Design workshop, by Tracy Fullerton has been incredibly useful when trying to creating my game design. To start with most of it was revising what I had already learned over the years at uni, however it helped me go into greater detail, and explained step by step how I could create a coherent world, and how I could then weave a narrative in this world.

When I come to writing my story and the game plot, I will need to look at both the formal and dramatic elements of my game. This will help to make a solid coherent world, in which I will be able to place the plot of the game. Another important part that the book cover is creating a dynamic story structure, which will be of importance to me in an effort to make a deeper and more meaningful story.

From this point, I think I need to continue my research into coherent worlds, whilst also moving on to look at games as an artform. When it comes to writing my premise the steps in the Game Design Workshop book will be very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment