Monday 22 October 2012

Gobliiins

Gobliiins is another game in which one of the core mechanics is the ability to control three separate characters at the same time. Each character has different abilities which you must switch between in order to pass certain obstacles or enemies. I really like this mechanic as it gives the player a broader range of skills, whilst also giving the player complete control over the flow of the game. This is interesting as it means the player has to often think ahead in the level to make sure certain characters are available to them. I'm interested in this as I also feel this would help the player to get a deeper understanding of the story as they have to concentrate on the details of the level.



Since its release Gobliiins has had a number of sequels as well as now being available on the App store for download. This has begun me thinking about what engine my game would be on, and what console it would run on.

No comments:

Post a Comment