Monday 8 October 2012

Starting BA7

Starting BA7 was a very daunting task but also one that filled me with much excitement. I didn't have any solid ideas for a game design, however I knew that for my research report I wanted to write about games being seen as an artform. This is where the basis for my studio work came from also, I wanted to make a game that had meaning and a deeper moral story, but also entertained the player. As well as this another driving force behind my thinking is the want to improve my range of skills and my ability to adopt different styles. My main reason for this is that it'll will hopefully help me land a job in industry.

With this in mind I began to think about how I could improve my drawing skills, what was it that I wanted to learn about? After looking through my work from previous years, I realised that a lot of my work was in a more cartoonish style and I had done very little 'realistic' drawing. This made me want to focus on making my artwork look realistic, I want to learn how to bring different materials to life, and to make them appear real. I also want to focus on the proportion of my characters.

I now need to focus all these ideas and ambitions into a game design. I will need to start looking at what the story of the game will be and how this will help to create a deeper story. I will then need to look into the style of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment